Well cousins week continues and today we ventured to Wal-Mart for a few things. Amy and I were getting comments or a look from everyone who passed by. We hadn't even made it into Wal-Mart yet and a gentleman made the comment of "These aren't all yours, are they?" I guess it was the steering of 8 kids in the parking lot trying to dodge backing out cars and pulling in cars with cars just wanting to pass by that gave it away. I didn't think we were that noticeable until we got in the store and we went down 4 isles we were in the store maybe 10 minutes and every person had a comment to make. We then pull up to the cashier and he says, "Here comes cheaper by the dozen!" I replied except they aren't really cheap. Anyway lesson learned if you don't want to be noticed don't go in public with 8 kids, unless you're in Utah!
6.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh, this is so halarious! I remember that always happening to us growing up. "Are those all yours?" Ha, people think they are so original when they say things like that..... You just get used to the smile and nod!
It's probably so nice to be around family. Guess we'll see you guys in August!
In California anyone with more 2 kids is an alien. In July when everyone is here, someone could walk in the store with all 10 grandchildren and NOBODY would bat an eye!
So as far as my post goes- regarding the new niece and nephew I said we were getting? Ha, maybe I am a spaz and totally thought that melissa was having a girl this whole time! Oops! Don't tell. Maybe I am not a good listener.
Its true, outside of Utah you are looked at if you have more than 2 kids. Everytime we go to Texas people look at me like Im crazy for having kids so young (young to the rest of the world, old to Utah!) and so close together (2 years is not close!) but it isnt the norm everywhere else...
I get comments ALL the time. It used to bug me but now I LOVE it, because yes they are all mine and I am one hot momma aren't I?! And so are you!!!!
Tell them you left the other 4 at home. That's my favorite response.. I love it and no, they are NOT cheap.
Ha ha ha ha ! I love it! The funny thing is I was the 7th of 8 kids and never realized why everyone stared at us when we went anywhere as a family. :) Then one day... I saw a Mom and counted her kids... 5 really only 5!? No wonder people stared. That is a lot of kids and they were everywhere. As was my family.
I am only at 2 and still some people even in South Jordan stare... like wow that is a handful.
I would take it as a compliment, they think you are amazing to handle a little cute crowd. I know I am impressed!
Post a Comment