So our little Isabelle has had some speech delay and we have tried taking her to a speech therapist, getting her tested for autism and searching out any ideas that might help us tackle this problem. Well I finally took her to the pediatrician and told him nothing is working and I wanted to take her to a ENT specialist to look at her ears. He agreed and the next day I took her in and the specialist said she has had so much fluid in her ears that she can't hear! He is guessing this has been going on since last summer. So on Thursday she is getting tubes put in to help drain all the fluid. The specialist said that what she hears is muffled, it is like we are all under water talking to her and it is hard to imitate muffled sounds. She sticks to one syllable words and most things that she says is not really clear. So thanks to our gut we are hoping this solves the problem and she can finally hear what we all sound like. Poor thing!
5.04.2008
To hear or Not to hear: That is the Question!
created by Frye Kids at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Poor cute girl! Hopefully that will solve the problem! I had tubes in my ears and they helped a lot. How frustrating for her, Im sure!
Hi guys! Good luck with the surgery! A simmilar situation just happened to some friends of ours from our ward a couple of weeks ago. Their little girl is already saying so many more words than before and they are calling it a success. Good luck! We'll pray for her.
Amanda! Remember me? I was blog surfing and found your cute family. My ward is getting ready for girls camp and it made me think about our girls camp adventure together a few years ago...weird skits, falling down ladders, no sleep:) Anyways, its good to see that you guys are happy and successful. Its crazy to see pictures of Dylan...he used to be so little! Take care, the Grovers:)
We hope it works! Good luck.
It will be so amazing to see the difference after the surgery. YOu should look at my sister Amies blog, all her kids get tubes. Hope it goes well!
Oh my gosh! I had no idea. I'm glad you listened to parent's intuition. Way to go. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
P.S. Is she eating an avocado with a spoon?
I bet you are so relieved to have that figured out! I am amazed at the avacado eating in the picture...what's the trick to teach kids to eat healthy food...we really are struggling with Aidan.
Hallelujah!!!!! I am SO glad that there is a solution! congratulations. When is this deed to be done? Did they say if it has been hurting? Or just causing her hearing loss? I am so relieved for you! Bring your kids over to play!
Amanda, thanks for letting us know about your blog. You have such a beautiful family! I look forward to reading about you guys.
Love, Rachel Winn
Hi,
Just looking at Kristina's new blog and starting looking at all her links. Makes my heart melt to see your pictures. Congratulations Briant!! We will see you all soon
Love you,
Sue
Wow, that's so great for Isabelle! Do you think now she'll go to nursery? : ) Maybe that's too many miracles to hope for in one month! Congrats on the graduation, too. I love the picture with the water in the background. What a cute family! So fun to have found your blog.
Post a Comment