9.08.2008

Parramore Springs






Well for Labor Day we went to the Bosch Cabin with my family and had a blast. You are always so motivated to go, then when you get there and your kids are covered in marshmallows, then the dirt sticks to that you think twice about why you came! You have to wash your hair at least 10 times to get the camp fire stench out of it and every nook and crany of the kids and the car is covered in dirt. However, the kids loved playing with their cousins, riding in the back of Papa's truck all the way to the creek, making smores, star gazing, looking for turkey feathers and playing house in all the little cabins. This is all for the sake of memories for you kids right? The way home was not so fun as we fed Dylan (our car sick child) a hot dog right before we left down the mountain and boy did we or should I say I paid for it since I was the one sitting next to him. So 20 minutes away from home and we are both covered in throw-up as is the car and both Isabelle and Grayson are screaming because they want out. Did I mention how fun this was? 

17 comments:

Becky said...

Amanda I love your story! It will be a memory that you talk about and laugh about through the years. Just ask Celeste!

Heatherbether said...

Oh, I know what you mean about the campfire stench. I always have piles of laundry after our camping trips (whether they wore the clothes or not, they have to be washed, and so do all the pillowcases, blankets, sleeping bags etc.) Bring your kids up here and we'll make some more memories when we throw them in the lake and MAKE them kneeboard. And we'll have something other than hot dogs and a windy road for lunch.

Celeste said...

Wow...I wish we had been there. Seriously, about some parts of it and not so seriously about others. We The story that my mom is referring to is about a dog and the worst smell you can imagine coming out of both ends all over me every time for 3 hours. I'm still not laughing about it and it happened over 10 years ago.

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! Cabins are fun, even if you get a little dirty. It is all worth it though because of the memories. I'm sure my mom also found it hard to get us all clean after the good adventures, and now Briant will be doing the same for us!

Andrew said...

I haven't been to Parramore in over 5 years!! Sad, I used to love spending time up there, especially during hunting season. Hopefully one of these years I'll be able to join Dad, Ryan, and crew for the "Hunt Week".

Looks like you had a blast!

smith fam said...

hot dog puke...that is quite the bad way to end a family trip!

Heather said...

ooooh. you'll have to remind dylan of his contribution to the trip often, especially someday when he has girl-friends around he's trying to impress... and remind them what an incredible mom you are to have put up with all that so they could have some fun. You are awesome!

Cheri said...

A real Mom moment. Classic.
Aww.... poor Amanda. All I can say is you are amazing. you are amazing. I am so proud of you for hanging in during the really rough moments.

Stephanie said...

Ahhh... the things memories are made of. In ten years the kids probable won't remember the smores but they will always remember the drive home! Kids just seem to hang on to those things. They'll remember that they had a good time but it will always be "that trip where Dylan got sick on the drive home."

Jessica said...

Amanda,

It was so good to hear from you. I loved being able to see your blog and your darling kids. Man those Frye kids are as cute as they come!
So you are back in California I hope all is well. Stay in touch.

Jess Shipley

Alli's Keeper said...

Am I crazy or do those couch cushions in the truck look familiar? I love your story! Sounds like you earned a few more motherhood badges that weekend!

Dionne said...

That's when you make Dylan get out of the car and walk home . . .
HILARIOUS!!

Sorensen Family said...

You Frye's are always so adventurous! We only have two kids and Im afraid of taking them out! What a great time!

Cousins Family said...

I think Dave and I should get our camping fix while we only have one kid. She's starting to walk! When we come down to CA for Christmas, we should try to get together for lunch.

Brittani said...

come on... we need an update!

April Kennedy said...

ok amanda...i check your blog regularly and am quite tired of seeing parramore as the newest title...although great story! now get posting!

The Woolley's said...

I agree with the last two posts! How are you all doing?! We want to hear more from you! We miss you!